Day 2: Reflection

Day 2: Reflection

by Bryce Oveson -
Number of replies: 0

I have started to learn a little about how to use SQL. I have been cruising through the tutorials and practice examples on the w3 website. I understand these are supposed to be easy, but I am excited to dive into harder, more complex queries to test my skills. I was relieved to see that the basics really are basic concepts because I came into this class with no previous knowledge on how to do anything like this, so w3 has really helped me start a foundation to build upon. 

In class today I expanded my vocabulary with some more computer science words. It’s exciting to start to piece together how these words fit under certain categories but can also be apart of something else much larger that what it is originally for. An example of this would be type is part of a tuple and attribute, and those are part of a table, and tables have a schema. It is just really interesting to see this because this is similar to how a database management system works, having all this data interconnected and can be called upon request from a pretty simple query.