Day 3 Reflection

Day 3 Reflection

by Amber Frazier -
Number of replies: 0

I have been working through the tutorials on w3schools and they have been very helpful for learning about basic commands and operators in SQL. Both SELECT and WHERE are extremely useful when trying to display a certain portion of the database, since WHERE allows you to set conditions for the query. Using ORDER BY can give you an easier look at how the rows compare based on a certain attribute, and can come in handy if you are trying to compare multiple attributes. You can also easily update and delete something specific from a database. Just like in other programming languages, SQL can has the ability to sum, average and find the maximum and minimum of an attribute as well. In addition to all of these more basic commands, I also found the section on Wildcards to be very interesting because you can pick out certain rows where the first letter is an "a" or starts with "a-f". Lastly, learning how to join two tables in different ways is something I could see being extremely valuable when creating and editing a database.