What you should know at the end of Week 0
- How to create, delete, and move among folders in Linux (mkdir, rmdir, cd).
- How to copy, rename, and delete files. in Linux (cp, mv, rm).
- How to fork and clone files from a GitHub repository.
- How to add, commit, and push changes in a Git repository.
- The structure of a C program and some of the distinguishing features of the language.
- How to use the Linux make program.
- How to login to a remote server (ssh, ssh-keygen, ssh-copy-id on Linux and Macintosh, putty and puttygen on Windows).
- The principle of locality (learned by reading the article by Peter Denning that you will find posted on this Moodle site).
Last modified: Tuesday, November 24, 2015, 2:06 PM