Daily Reflection 2

Daily Reflection 2

by Chandler Bowling -
Number of replies: 0

Today I improved my SQL vocabulary which is making it easier to code. After doing all the SQL exercises a few times I am really starting to get the hang of it, or at least I think so. One thing that I’m having a hard time picking up is the different types of joining you can do within different tables. I was surprised to find out that a lot of well known applications (twitch, Instagram, SoundCloud) were made by two web frameworks, Ruby on Rails and Django. This is very insightful because I use a lot of the apps every day and had no idea they all got a jump start.

For the exercise on the questions:

• I would create three tables (Individual missions, Individual astronauts, and then each project).

• The missions table would have: ID, Name, Type of spacecraft, Launch temp, Passenger/cargo weight, and the whether or not is was a successful mission. The astronaut table would have: Id, Name, Birthyear, Sex, Weight, Height, Missions completed, and roles. For the project table: ID, Name, Percent success, Avg temp on launch, Avg Weight in cargo, Most used spacecraft.

• From the Database you showed us how to access today; very intriguing.