10/23

10/23

by Paul Hageman -
Number of replies: 0

I have started working through w3schools and have found it very interesting to this point. I have found it very helpful learning just one or two commands at a time and then actually using them right away. This way of actually using the information right after learning it helps me to learn it better. The most challenging part to me when I think about programming and the little bit of experience I have with it is choosing the particular word that the computer wants me to use. These tutorials are very helpful for learning the specific SQL commands that are applicable in each situation.

I have a general idea of what I want to be doing when writing commands, but like I said the most challenging part is knowing the exact word. Through this tutorial I am learning these. I have a lot of experience working with spreadsheets and use lots of commands within those. I search for commands and descriptions within Excel or Google Sheets or Google how to do what I want by using commands. I think once I am able to learn the language and get a firm grasp on the commands that SQL uses it will greatly help me be efficient in searching for data and I will enjoy it.