Answers to Tuesday quiz part I

by Tony deLaubenfels -
Number of replies: 7

Post your definitions here

In reply to Tony deLaubenfels

Re: Answers to Tuesday quiz part I

by TJ Robison -

3. Style

An XML resource that define how a widget should look and behave.

by Kat Sayrs -

4. Fragment

A Fragment is a controller object that an activity can use to perform tasks. Most commonly, the task is managing a user interface. The UI can be an entire screen or just one part of the screen.

Textbook page 123

by Dawit Tsigie -
6. minSDKVersion - is a hard floor(lowest version number) which the OC should refuse to install the app. Pg (114)

by Joe Sterchele -

2. Singleton

Singleton is a class that allows an application to store memory throughout changes in activities/fragments. Allows the application an easy way to pass information between controllers and classes. (Page 168)

by Eric Andow -

1) What is an extra?

An extra is any piece of data that a calling activity can include with an intent when it is sent to the OS. The data is stored as key-value pairs. 

by Michael Paquette -

5.Inflate - This method inflates a layout and puts it on screen. When a layout is inflated, each widget in the layout file is instantiated as defined by its attributes. You specify which layout to inflate by passing in the layout's resource ID.

copied from pg. 17

by Joe Sterchele -

A)The Google Programmer uses a technique of scanning over code and looking for key words and common patterns.

B)The Google Programmer offered advise that you have fun coding. Also she wishes she had asked for help!